Make your flying companion more comfortable and able to control the airplane in an emergency or just better able to help out on flights.
- 5 Hr’s Ground Instruction
- 5 Hr’s Flight Training
Lesson One – The Airplane
The student will become familiar with airplane systems, controls, and how it flies.
- Aerodynamics and Principles of flight
- Flight Controls
Four basics of flight –
- Straight and Level
Goals: We want the student to be able to name all controls and instruments, and maneuver the airplane during flight.
Lesson Two – Navigation
We will get familiar with radio navigation, VOR system and GPS if applicable.
- Sectional Chart reading
- Basic VOR function
- Review four basics of flight
- Demonstration and practice VOR flying, intercept, and tracking.
Goals: The student will get familiar flying the four basics of flight within altitude and within headings while intercepting and tracking the VOR.
Lesson Three – Communication
We will get familiar with communication with air traffic control.
- We will talk about and practice communications with ATC
- Review of charts and airspace
- Student will tune and listen to ATIS, make calls to ground, and tower.
- Student will review previous lessons.
- Student will contact approach control and establish flight following.
Goals: Flying assigned VOR radials while maintaining altitude and heading, look up and use appropriate frequencies and make radio calls.
Lesson Four and Five– Take off and landing practice.
- Traffic pattern and procedures.
- Take off and landing practice
Goals: Be able to fly the pattern and align the airplane with the runway center line using rudder and ailerons properly for wind.